Have you ever wanted to make chicken stock at home? The benefits of making your own stock is that the flavour is richer and ingredients are healthier (as there are no preservatives). We have a simple recipe that needs patience, time and your left overs.
What you will need:
- Left over chicken bones and skin
- Vegetables such as one celery and two carrots
- One full onion
- One teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- Cut up the vegetables into chunky pieces
- Add all ingredients into a bottom deep pot
- Cover with water, bring to the boil and immediately reduce the heat right down to a simmer
- Leave the pot simmering for 4 hours and make sure to check on it every half hour to remove any foam forming on top
- After 4 hours remove the vegetables and bones from the pot
- Strain the stock through a fine mesh
- Store in a air tight lid and place in the fridge.
You won’t be able to buy store stock ever again!
Have you ever made homemade chicken stock? Will you try this recipe?